Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! How do you guys celebrate easter? I miss the celebration of the holy week back when i was in the Philippines. I remember my grandmother (bless her soul!) would not let us kids laugh, play, swear and have some fun especially during Holy Thursday and Good Friday. She said that we can go out of the house only if we were going to the church to hear mass, or listen to the 7 last words of Christ, join the Way of the Cross, "visita iglesia" (visit churches), among others. We go fasting - no meat. And it is like a whole week holidays. Well, here in the US is a lot different. I worked on a Good Friday! It was not a holiday at work (at least at my work!). But Easter is really big here. There's food, lots of food, presents, kids having fun searching for their easter eggs and of course the presents. Hubby and me are having easter dinner at my sister-in-law's house later. I'm sure there will be lots of food and everyone in the family will be there. I wish everyone a very blessed easter!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing for nothing.

-----------------------------------
Athens