Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Job Searching online

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott

I lost my job last year due to massive layoffs in the construction industry and decided it was finally time to sign up for a home internet connection. I did some research on Clearwire Internet in my area and found a great package, so for the last month I’ve been using the internet to beef up my job search. Things sure have changed since the days of newspaper classified ads! I spend most of my days on job boards looking for related jobs and it’s been great since I’m actually looking into more fields than I originally thought I would. In addition to construction work I’ve been looking for office positions as well. I’ve got so much experience crunching the numbers for my old company, I also did a lot of work with our vendors, so something in procurement would be ideal. I like being able to search for jobs online from the comfort of my own home, and it’s been a great change from seeking out coffee shops to get connected!

0 comments: