Friday, December 9, 2011

Unhealthy Obsession

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott

When my husband and I had trouble conceiving I got a little crazy. I started reading all of the fertility blogs and websites to try and figure out if there was something wrong with me. Deep down inside, I knew this was probably the worst thing I could do. We had only been trying for six months, and I hadn’t seen a fertility doctor yet. The reality was that common medical knowledge said that there was nothing wrong with us, but I drove myself insane thinking otherwise. It takes time for some people to conceive, and there was no reason for my behavior. I started getting so obsessed with figuring out what was wrong that my husband tried to call our clear internet provider and cancel our service. When I saw how bad I was stressing him out, and that he was ready to take action I started to get worried that I was doing more harm than good. Thank God I have my husband to keep me grounded and sane. I probably would have gone out of my mind if it wasn’t for him!

0 comments: