Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Flipping Houeses

This is a guest post from Lewis Beck

Has anyone ever tried to flip a house before? Oh my gosh- my husband and I thought that this was a good idea last year with real estate at such low values the past few years. We decided that we could get a fixer-upper in a great location for a cheap price, flip it, and then sell it when the market turned. This was a fantastic idea in theory, and less so in practice. I hate to say it, but if I could go back and un-do our decision, I absolutely would. From everything to the appointments with contractors and construction men and the architects to now finally renting it out it has been a full time job on top of an already very full schedule. Our renters are great and we chose them carefully, but it is a big deal being a landlord. We wanted them to feel safe, so checked out HTTP://www.AllHomeSecurity.com, like to keep their yard looking nice so they don’t have to maintain it, and feel like we are constantly changing light bulbs! If you’re thinking about flipping a house- don’t do it!

0 comments: