Wednesday, July 21, 2010

AIM a little higher

Guest post written by Dana Kelso

Most nights I’m working on lesson plans for the next few days or trying to keep my kids in line. So when I want to talk to my friends under the guise of doing lesson plans, I just log onto AIM and chat away.

It’s so much better than calling other people and on AIM if you don’t have a lot to say to the person, it’s not as awkward. Besides, as a teacher I have to talk to my students all day so it’s a nice break to just have to type for a while instead. When I noticed a few weeks ago that my dial-up was making my messages take forever to load, I searched for satellite internet Michigan to see if there was a better internet option in my area. I found some wildblue internet pricing and liked what I saw so I ended up getting wildblue satellite internet.

It doesn’t just help me procrastinate and socialize through AIM. I’m able to find a lot of helpful instructional videos that I watch and pass onto a student teacher who’s currently working in my classroom.

0 comments: