Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Good Wife

Written by Sonny Quinn


One of my favorite things to do after a hectic day is sit down in the evening and watch one of my favorite shows, The Good Wife, on my my tv after we looked at this cable comparison. I highly recommend this show to anyone who enjoys drama, romance and comedy added to their courtroom shows. Alicia is the lead character. When her husband is stripped of his state attorney position and sent to jail for sex and corruption scandals, she must return to work to provide for her two children. She was formerly a lawyer and quickly finds a position at a firm run by a former college friend.

Each episode deals with several story lines. Peter, her husband, is attempting to be released from jail and is interested in a government position again. Alicia deals with the anger she has at her husband along with the growing attraction she has to her new boss. In the first season, she also had to prove herself valuable to the firm, as she was in competition with one other litigator for the sole junior associate position. As if that was not enough, she must also fight a court case each week.

Though it seems like it may be too cluttered to fit everything into a one hour show each week, it is done in such a way that all the stories are told without the viewer getting confused or lost. Actually, it is quite the opposite. When I am done watching it, I am already wishing I could watch the next episode!

0 comments: