Friday, August 17, 2012

Back to TX


This guest post from Werner Rogers

I never thought I’d come back here to Texas but sometimes life takes you in a direction you’re not expecting, I suppose. Mom and dad are really getting older and I knew for the longest time I needed to find them help for the ranch – it just turned out I was the best help there was! I was living in New Jersey a few months ago working at a job I hated and when I got laid off it just seemed to make the most sense to come back down here and start again. Mom was really hurting due to her arthritis and needed help getting around and with dad out on the land all day tending to ranch stuff I knew I had to step in. I’ve actually been converting the old barn on our property into a swinging bachelor pad for myself but you know, it’s harder than I thought it’d be. In the process of working on the place and looking into decorating it I’ve been helping my parents with stuff around their place, too. I mended the picket fence out front and I’ve been doing a lot of research on Electric Companies Texas has to offer to see if I can save them some money on their utilities. I feel like they’ve done so much for me in terms of putting me through college, paying for my studying abroad and supporting me for the first year or so after I graduated that I really owe them. That and the fact that the city life was really starting to wear on me…I’m actually pretty happy to be back home where things are slower and people are nicer. I missed Texas more than I’d like to admit and though I definitely wish there were a few more Starbucksaround there’s something to be said for being close to family all the time, you know? My mom and dad are great people and I’m just happy to get to spend so much time with them lately.

0 comments: