Sunday, October 31, 2010

Picking up a winter hobby

Guest post written by Eric Parks

We have a in ground pool in our backyard and I love swimming in it whenever it's warm out, but that's unfortunately only during just part of the year. So I'm on the lookout for a hobby that I can do specifically in winter that doesn't necessarily depend on what type of weather we have.

I always wondered how hockey players could move across the ice with all that equipment on and have all that speed too without falling down. Well, they don't look all that graceful but I still admire them for it. I got to thinking about that when I was online with my wimax 4g a few weeks ago and decided that I want to learn how to play hockey.

I don't even own an ice skate, much less know how to skate so I think it will be tough, but I'm going to try and get me and some of my buddies together and start a hockey team if I get enough interest going on among them.

0 comments: