Friday, October 8, 2010

Trip to Myrtle Beach

Guest post written by Michael Smith

It had been some time since my wife and I went down to Myrtle Beach for the weekend. Well, we decided to change that—this morning we made it down to South Carolina in about three and a half hours. We got unpacked at our hotel and went out the door right after.

We decided to visit a local hotspot for our first adventure: Broadway at the Beach. We quickly found fun things to do, like play miniature golf and spoil our appetites at the Fudgery. When it was time for dinner, we decided on Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville. The place was crowded, but after waiting for about twenty minutes or so, we got the opportunity to sit at one of the cool boat-shaped booths!

They had live music that night, so I’m glad that I had my hearing aids in. I was able to distinguish the lyrics in the noisy restaurant I was also able to carry on a regular conversation with my wife.

In all, our first day in Myrtle Beach was quite enjoyable, and I think we’ll play it spontaneous tomorrow. With retirement comes a great deal of freedom, and we plan to enjoy every minute.

0 comments: